- Over 100 handmade arts and crafts on display July 2nd, 3rd & 4th from 10am-6pm in Franklin Square Park.
- The delightful aroma of fair food permeates the air.
- The Cape Fear river serves as a backdrop for Main Stage Entertainment - best beach, top 40's and country bands each evening.
- The most patriotic parade representing main street USA and televised on WECT TV6 "Where News Comes First". The newly crowned Miss North Carolina will make one of her first appearances
in the parade.
- A Naturalization Ceremony that will move you to tears.
- Fire Fighters Freedom Competition & Apparatus Expo- Competitive events - ladder climb, tanker tug, command post, bucket brigade and barrel push on Saturday, June 29th.
- In 2019 the Stephen siller Tunnel to Towers 911 Never Forget Memorial Mobile Exhibit will be open for tours during the festival. Those dates and times will be announced soon.
- Veterans Recognition - ceremony honoring the sacrifices of our armed service personnel who have served and paid for our freedom.
- American Revolutionary Living History Exhibit on the Southport Community Building Lawn July 2nd, 3rd & 4th from 10:00am - 5:00pm.
- Flag Retirement Ceremony - a ceremony that allows residents and visitors an opportunity to properly dispose of their USA flags
- Beach Day-highlighting the activities popular at Southport's neighboring beach community Oak Island - volleyball, sandcastle building and shag contests to mention a few. Fireworks and concert the
evening of July 1st.
- Children's Entertainment & Games - Remember the good old games including sack races and watermelon eating contests? We do.
- Military Band Concert two Sundays before the festival complete with a reading of our nation's Constitution.
- Brunswick Concert Band Concert - What could be more relaxing than hearing our favorite patriotic tunes being played by this community based band?
- Shine and Show Classic Car Show - History on display through these beauties.
- CFYC/State Port Pilot Commodore's Regatta- Sailboats under full sail entertain those on the Waterfront during the afternoon on July 4th.
- Cheers and Jeers can be heard on the Garrison Lawn in the afternoon on July 4th as one of America's favorite entertainment sports is on display -UPWA Live Pro Wrestling.
- Fireworks - What 4th of July festival would be complete without fireworks?